Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sick Baby!

When people tell you how much work a dog is, you say I know, but you really don't know. You also are never warned about how much you will love them. Everyone kept telling us how much work a dog is. But why didn't I beileve them? I wanted to think it was easy. And the first few nights, it was fine. Yeah, so maybe getting up at 6:30 was not to hot, but I loved her so much it did not matter. The next few days were the same. But on Monday the 19th, we took Jazzy in for her first vet appointment. We had to bring in a poop sample to make sure that she did not have worms or anything. The vet looked at her poop and said because it was runny she probably had a worm. So we got medicine for her and said that was that. Ha. Yeah right.....
The vet called yesterday while Jazzy was playing out on the deck. He talked to my dad for a while before finally getting off the phone. My dad looked at us and in a solenm voice and told us that Jazzy has Giardia. If you do not know what that is, it is a sickness that is a sickness that people and animals get from drinking out of a stream that looks clean, but animal poop has gotten into. It is a stomach bug, so it causes the runs, and throwing up. The worst part is even comming from a dog, it is contageous. As my dad told us this, I looked at my baby, playing out on the deck. "I am suprised that she has not thrown up yet" my dad told us. Then, as if on cue, Jazzy decided to throw up all her food. My poor baby!
My problem? I am a total germ fanatic! My worst fear is that I am going to get Giardia. Or worse, my family is going to get Giardai. I am reluctant to play with her as much, fear of the germs. After Jazzy threw up, I put her in her crate. I did not reach my hand in to pet her like normal, and a wave of guilt hit me. Her sweet puppy face, I could tell that she was thinking "Just because I am sick you don't love me? I want a pet.' Her face made me want to cry. I love her so much, but at the same time, Giardia is my worse fear.
The doctor gave Jazzy a perscription to make her better. She has to take a pill a day for three days, then to weeks later do the same thing and she will be better. My poor baby! I hate to see her so uncomfortable. Well, I can't actually SEE it, but by her calm, melow, un-puppy like ways, you can tell she is not well. I can not wait until she is better!
Meredith

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I feel so sorry 4 her! I'm glad she's going 2 be okay!

    ReplyDelete